Saturday, March 14, 2015

Week 9 EOC: Creative Content (rough)

For my advertising campaign, I plan to design a magazine spread for the Kia Soul. I am going to attempmt to design it using Photoshop, but if I can't figure that out, then I am just going to draw it. I may also do a few storyboards for a commercial. I don't really know how to film a commercial for a car I don't own, and I don't have any close friends or family members I can ask. I could possibly rent it, but it might cost too much money. I will be investogating the cost, and if it is in my budget, I may switch to doing a commercial.

The slogan is, "The spirit of Soul, can you dig it?" I want to focus the theme of the campaign on connecting with the young, urban population by showing how the Kia Soul is a new revamp of an old classic theme. Also, I want to show how soulful and funky the car can be, connecting with the audience through music.

If the ad is done with a drawing, then I will use colored pencils on paper. Digitally, I will use Photoshop. With a commercial, I will draw up storyboards, then film it with my phone, then just put it into iMovie to edit. I have never made a movie before, so I would have to do research in order to figure out how to edit it.

I want to create a 1970's type of theme, but link it to the youth of today, just to show how "soul never goes out of style." I would like to incorporate a music element into it, and have it stylistically look like a retro ad, but advertising a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment